Set some time aside in the coming year to help improve your small business and use these tips to do it.
- Grow Your Network – Get out of the office and meet new people. Email or call potential clients and see if they are willing to grab a coffee with you. If there’s someone in your industry that you have always wanted to meet, take them out to lunch to get to know each other. If you don’t have time to get away from your desk, improve your social networking.
- Refresh Your Website – If you don’t have a website, you should consider building one. If you already have a website, make sure it is easy to navigate through, and your contact information should be easy to find. Prospective clients will look you up on the internet before calling you, so make sure your website promotes you in the best light.
- Assess Your Goals – It’s a good idea to have a list of goals you’d like to accomplish throughout the year. Revisit these goals frequently to make sure you’re completing them and reassess them a needed. Consider asking your clients for feedback too; you can adjust how you do business in the future to keep your customers happy and achieve your goals.
- Get Your Staff On Track – Take time yearly to meet with your staff one on one. Go over their performance and suggest ways to improve and reach their own goals.
- Automate Your Business – Things like emails with coupons that go out to clients regularly can be automated pretty easily. Your current email software (or fairly inexpensive websites) can help you set up email blasts that can get your name in front of your customer with less effort from you.
- Get Away From It All – Be sure at some point in the year to take a break. Go on a vacation, recharge your batteries and when you get back to work with a clear mind, you’ll be more productive!
Taking the time to add to your client list, revamp your look, and refresh your staff can only benefit your business. So get started today!